Tuesday, January 3, 2012

H E Double Pretzel Sticks

On Day 2, I packed a sandwich bag of pretzel sticks to take to work.  Two and a half servings (250 calories) to be exact.  I decided on 2 1/2 servings because I hefted it up in the air and it felt right.  I'm all about feeling right, you know.

Today was my first day back at work after being on vacation for a couple of weeks.  Those two weeks were filled with Christmas cheer (aka pies, cakes, candies, egg nog).  I had a lot of cheer. 

Anyhoo...

I packed my pretzel sticks as an antidote to the "first-day-back-stress" I knew that I would have today.  Sometimes, I have trouble getting away from my desk to take a real break, so I wanted something easy and fat-free to grab and stuff into my mouth.  This may seem like self-destructive behavior, but it's actually an improvement.  If I didn't have the carefully hefted pretzels,  I would be likely to throw three quarters into the Fat Pastry Machine and stuff down 500 calories of sweet dough and icing.  That, of course, would need to be chased down by a Mountain Dew.

By the way, I found this article today:  http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/mice-no-match-for-mountain-dew/  Who needs cheese and a mousetrap?  Just pop open a can of Mountain Dew. 

Gag, gag, gag.

Now, I'm at the end of my day and ready for bed.  I'm calling today a diet success.  My pretzel sticks were a big help.  I denied a couple of loans, approved a couple more, ate my pretzel sticks and drank an unsweet tea (that's the way I like my tea, so that wasn't a compromise).  The Fat Pastry Machine and the Mouse Acid Drink Machine never got any of my money, and I never put any of their sugary evil into my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment